Sometimes it seems like all your skin needs during the summer is some salty ocean water and the bright warm sun. As lovely as that sounds, that couldn’t be further from the truth! We might want to be exfoliated by the salt from the ocean waves and bronzed by the natural rays of the sun, but that doesn’t mean we can rely on just that. Here is our guide to having your best summer skin!
- Preparing for that swimsuit can be daunting, we love to use See Spot Run on our hyperpigmented, rough patched areas of our body (i.e. knees, armpits, butt, elbows, chest, back for bacne or scars left from it, etc.) Just a few days of some TLC with See Spot Run will make a tremendous difference!
- Never ever skip the SPF! Sunscreen is a crucial step in your skincare routine all year round, no matter what climate or season you’re in. We recommend an SPF 30 or above. Opt for moisturizers and foundations that contain SPF as well, for extra protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Being sun-kissed now doesn’t mean you have to have wrinkles later on in life!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! After spending all day in the sun, it is so important to re-hydrate your skin. Even if you are oily, you need to find the best moisturizer for oily skin during the summer. The best thing to do to regulate oily skin is to moisturize it! A hydrating cream, along with plenty of water, should keep you from drying up in the strong summer sun. Always end your night with nourishing oil to really lock in the moisture. Our Glow To Sleep Serum Oil will replenish your lost moisture, stabilize oil production and reverse sun damage while you sleep.
- Do not forget to double cleanse. Even if you just put on sunscreen and skip foundation or put on a light tinted moisturizer, you still need to cleanse your face at the end of the night! Skipping out on a cleanser and exfoliator will not do your summer skin any favors. After soaking in your skin all day, double cleansing will help remove all the products that seeped into your pores. Find the right face wash for your skin type and make sure you use it at the end of the night!
- Prevent and reverse the effects of sun damage and an unwanted uneven tan with our Glow Getter face mask, which will fade dark spots and help even your tone! We love this super nourishing and hydrating mask right after a long day in the sun! If you are more sensitive to the sun, make sure to also add a hat while you’re outside or have an umbrella while at the beach.
Summer is a time where your skin sees the sun the most so make sure you are implementing a solid summer skincare routine that will keep you glowing and protected!